Test post with an embedded wave

Posted by: aigarius 4 years, 6 months ago

Hello all, the latest craze is the Google Wave preview. I am in, so I am testing how a Google Wave will look when primitively embedded into a blog post using Wavr plugin for Wordpress. And here it is:

[wave id="googlewave.com!w+Vc58PZQwA"]

Update: to make it work - replace in the Wavr source the URL to the WavePanel to "https://wave.google.com/wave/" and to determine your wave url, go to your wave interface, click on a wave and look on you address bar for something like "googlewave.com!w+Vc58PZQwA". If you have '%252B' in the URL, replace it with '+'. You might have to un-urlescape something else as well, so remember that '%25' is a url escape for '%'.

Comments

• vino 4 years, 6 months ago

Can you send wave invite to me pls?

• Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago

Yes, because we *needed* more technologies that encouraged script tags referencing third-party scripts.

• aigarius 4 years, 6 months ago

Yeah, I don't like this particular usage of Wave either. It needs to be fully integrated to be really useful. Basically someone needs to either write a blog just with it or make a deep integration thing with WP where everything is a wavelet - blog post and all the comments.

But this would require to write a custom frontend to the Wave API - something that would have static pages and allow anonymous comments (most likely those would show up as posted by a bot). You cann't just use the generic Wave javascript interface and expect it to work - this requires a lot of integration work.

• Alexandre Franke 4 years, 6 months ago

Looks like they updated their code and now your post is borken.

• aigarius 4 years, 6 months ago

Nope, the worst thing about this way of 'using' Wave is that you need to have a Google Wave preview account to just even view the Wave. It is pretty retarded.

• aigarius 4 years, 6 months ago

Now I finally learned how to make a wave public (hint: add public@a.gwave.com as a participant in the wave) and now also people without Wave accounts can see it.

• Gianluigi Cuccureddu 4 years, 6 months ago

I'm not seeing an embedded Wave.

On overall, the Wavr plugin is not working at all (yet).

• aigarius 4 years, 6 months ago

Worked like a half a day. I guess Google changed something and it stopped working.

• aigarius 4 years, 5 months ago

And now it is working again. Remember this is not even a beta, more like a semi-public alfa.

• mirabilos 4 years, 5 months ago

What problems does Google Wave solve?
    I don’t see any sense…

• aigarius 4 years, 5 months ago

Watch the super long Google Wave video, they describe a few nice use cases right there. For one good thing I hope that there will we an addon that will allow to make blog comments be a Wave - this way you have threaded comments that follow you back to your Inbox and give a rich and mostly unified interface across multiple sites. You can have a rich discussion on another person's blog page without ever leaving your Inbox and your Inbox interface.

• Kevin Mark 4 years, 5 months ago

this is the first wave plugin I have used. coool.

• SEO Raleigh 4 years, 2 months ago

man that is a wicked plugin!

• Johnny 4 years, 2 months ago

Read this yesterday and later that day I encountered a case where it would be very useful. It�s a nice way to pass around objects even if you don�t �have� one. Better than making object parameters optional all over the code imho�

• Aigarius Blog › My first post with Google W 3 years, 4 months ago

[...] time ago I wrote a test post with a Google Wave embedded into the post. Only a couple days ago I discovered that to make a Wave public one needs to add [...]

• Dry Cleaning Atlanta 3 years, 3 months ago

Very cool - however, I immediately didn't trust the plugin when I saw it at the top of the page. It just seemed like it was a trap though I know it's not.